Sunday, December 7, 2008

Run Run Run

So I've gotten to where I love to run. I haven't been able to much lately because it's been raining as if the Flood is nearing. Just in preparation. But I guess that's just normal winter for Paris. Since the Venice marathon, Verena has mentioned running and I could tell that she was getting interested. I worked all weekend as the parents were in Prague visiting friends. I asked Verena if she'd like to go on my usual run with me. She was so excited and jumped at the chance. I assumed that her little twelve year old legs wouldn't be able to handle it, but let me tell you, she was a trooper. That gal ran like Forrest. She ran most of it and the whole time I was coaching her. I will say that it was a blast. I was teaching her about form and breathing. When it came to when she would need a break, I would make her run, then sprint, then slow down before walking and she did it all so well. She wants to keep going on runs with me and this thrills me!

While I was searching for running events in Paris (to no avail, nothing shorter than a half-marathon), I found the coolest website at www.mapmyrun.com. You must go! Now you can see the run that we did... NOTE: you can zoom in and even see a satellite version of the run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found out about mapmyrun.com this week and I love it too!